The way your room actually feel and appears depends on choosing the right window coverings. The challenging part is the choice you have to make, you wonder if this pick will be the perfect choice for your room. The depressing part is you need assurance before investing which might not come easily or without stress.
Most people tend to make choice based on the present prevailing fashion in home design. Choosing your window coverings based on this may not be a long-lasting benefit.
However, make your choice based on what you prefer, your likes, and dislikes. You will only enjoy your choice if it timeless and remains in style.
There are few guides before commencing your comparison.
- It is a good idea to start saving up, however, do not try to cut corners. Most people prefer to go for lesser quality or look for a way to cut expenses on the installation. At the moment, it seems wise to do. But in the long run, you will have to pay more for maintenance.
- Don’t be in a rush to settle. Why settle so fast, take your time view the coverings for choosing. You will spend the next couple of months looking at them. So, let the coverings reflect your taste and style.
- Don’t do it alone. This is important if you want a radiant room. There might be lots of window coverings you are yet to be aware of, so you not discuss your choice with an experienced designer.
Shutters or Blinds — Your Style
- When it comes to style blinds seems to be more appropriate, than shutters.
- Blind gives your room the modern feel by adding clean, straight lines to the design.
- Blinds provide you varieties of materials to choose from wooden blinds (earthy feels) or neutral tones (modern or industrial feel).
- When it comes to fabrics and color, blind is perfect, it adds the flair needed for the sleek design.
- Blinds are equally perfect for rooms with small space. It makes the homey feel when combining with some window coverings.
When it comes to texture, shutters are the best fit.
- The shutter can be fitted in two styles: traditional or plantation. However, plantation seems to be appealing due to its wider louvers, and awesome light distribution.
- Using shutter allows you maximize space. Shutters are fitted into your window frame in two ways also: inside and outside. However, the inside mount is usually considered for smaller rooms.
- Shutters are easily colored to fit your intended look. If you want a traditional and modern feel, use neutral colors and bright colors for your retro design.
I had custom shutters fixed for my retro design, lovely. However, you could also get orange county custom shutters as well
Want More Light?
- Irrespective of your choice, both shutters and blinds are great, making the most use of light in your space.
- Fabric blinds get light filtered in and glamouring diffused, and still, offer you the needed privacy. When using blinds you can easily open and close during the sunny day, you can adjust the blinds to your preference — either you want less light or privacy.
- Also, shutters come with the awesome control of your louvers. Shutters are flexible in design, you can have the shutter’s top and bottom louvers fixed in such as a way to provide control (opening and closing of the louvers).
- The closed shutter is a better fit for bedrooms. It offers total privacy, they form a good blockage for light.
Although shutters and blinds have almost same textural advantages, they are the difference that matters.
- Blinds eliminate the worried about window coverings not blending with your space. They can easily be restructured to give you sleek design.
- Blinds are perfect for individuals looking for total privacy. Using lighter or fabric valance will not compromise yours already in placed space design.
- Using simple colored vertical or horizontal blinds, you get your room feeling all modern.
On the other hands, shutters have more structural advantages than blind.
- Shutters, unlike blinds, become part of your space design, instead of having the window coverings blend with your space design.
- Shutters make rooms with difficulty to design easy and sleek. They can be easily fitted into any window size.